Monday, November 4, 2013

Man, Wind, Steel & Time...


Iron Wave
While on a wildflower search in California’s Central Valley a while back, I ran across these amazing collapsing structures. As I approached them from a distant hill, they seemed to be old water storage tanks supplying water to cattle throughout the area. They looked very organic to me. Not finding many new blooms or natural features that day, I focused my attention on these structures. I envisioned them as a naturally occurring part of the environment, not man made. This helped me in my thought process and how I was going to photograph them. 

I found the sweeping converging lines and oxidizing metals. Reminiscent of High Sierra granite walls. Crashing and whipping around like a breaking tubular ocean swells. I've spent a long time looking for compositions in nature. It’s interesting sometimes to find a composition to visualize this way. One that man, not nature created along with wind and time.  www.jansenphotoexpeditions.com www.markjansenphotography.com

Best Always,

Mark

#fineartphotography #markjansen #artphotography 

No comments: