Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Peaceful Expression

street photography workshops www.jansenphotoexpeditions.com
We had finished up a urban street photography workshop. As we parted ways with our group, a elegant Sikh gentleman came towards me at a street corner. He notice me and my camera right away. I commented that I found his face interesting and I would love to photograph him. At first there was a slight apprehension, then he agreed.  He had such a peaceful gaze in his eyes. I captured him using my favorite street lens. The 50mm 1.4. 
This lens will force you in interact with your subject directly. The resulting Bokeh or blurry background really made this image along with the short verbal interaction. Don't be nervous about approaching people you find interesting. The worst thing they can say is no, but to potential payoff is great with a fast 50mm lens.
 www.markjansenphotography.com
www.jansenphotoexpeditions.com

No comments: